March 3, 2011

What's in my grocery cart?

Heya all, I'm sincerely sorry that I have not been posting as much as I used to. I just turned eighteen years old and really big things are happening... Good, big things! Please forgive me. I thought it'd be fun to tell you all my 'grocery cart must-haves,' meaning every week (or so) I go to the grocery store, these items are always coming home with me. Let's begin!

Silk soy milk (very vanilla): $3.49
Tuna (white albacore in water): $1.39
Fiber cereal (always trying new brands): $3.94
Fruit/veggies (bananas and strawberries, always): $9.00
Whole grain bread (whole wheat): $2.50
Green tea (cold and hot): $1.68 + $2.00
Laughing Cow cheese (garlic and herb): $3.99

It really bothers me when people say "eating healthy is expensive." It's really not, especially when compared to how much you're spending on take-out and at restaurants.

  • When purchasing bread, make sure it's whole wheat/whole grain.
  • A fruit/veggie should be included in ALL of your meals.
  • If you're trying to quit drinking soda, green tea is a good substitute. Not only does it taste pure and delicious, the list of health benefits are never-ending. 
  • Laughing Cow cheese is only 35 calories a wedge.

~ Domestic Babe

No comments:

Post a Comment