February 3, 2011

Kosher Dill Pickles

Kosher dill pickles are officially my new favorite snack. I had no idea that they were so healthy and low on calories until just a few days ago. Whenever I have cravings for a snack, it's a salt craving. Meaning that instead of something sweet, or carbs, i crave salt. Pickles are the perfect fix for me!

Pickles are...
Rich in Fiber. Fiber helps your digestive system function at it's best. I personally have digestive issues, (too much information) so my diet has high fiber content. Most pickles are made with vinegar, which also helps you digest - as well as boost your immune system!

Low Calorie. Kosher dill pickles are only 5 calories a pickle. This means that they are a great snack for weight loss. Doesn't that make you want a pickle? Mmmm pickles.

A great source of calcium, magnesium, and iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment